Sunday 20 May 2012

I want tomorrow.... NOT...

Now that i have finally stuffed my blog's tummy with one post 6 days ago, it is crying for food a.k.a. posts :-(

not that i have nothing to write but i have truckloads of everything. my eyes fancy everything i spot, my mind shortlists all that i window think (just like window shopping) and my soul savours everything that it senses except the thought of "Monday" in any form(even if my marriage is on Monday). 

It scores more than Chris Gayle’s runs on my personal HATE-O-METER, outshines Karan Johar & Ram Gopal Verma animosity on a national note and deglamorizes USA-Iran hostility on an international platform. 

For all those who cant escape the Monday menace, feel prized because the submission starts only at 10.00am while I am trapped in office from 8 am itself. Yes, my office rises with the sun and sets at 5.06pm before the sun retires for the day.

Then you may think that I am a drama queen sulking about a strict 8am when I am let loose at 5pm where there is so much to accomplish from then onwards. Just hold your expletives for the next 2 sentences.   We are a batch of engineers suffering from internet-malnourishment at office. Our IT dept. is kind enough to give us access to some life-line like websites – ksrtc.co.in, make my trip, canara bank just in case we want to book tickets and get the hell out of the office… Then at 4.36 pm, a self timed  like switch in the IT dept has some mercy on us and opens the world of google, Facebook and finally internet to us. So we have a dosage of exactly 30 min of net at office everyday… isn’t it too much? Sometimes I feel overjoyed. The insanity of surfing doesn’t end at 5.06 punctually. So, we are sedated to stay in the office till 6 or 6.30
.
Net at home always beckons... so do the 1cm thick sambar, rasam, curry, rice coated utensils of the previous night. My stomach also sends hunger signals at the rate of 200 cycles/sec. I am entangled in the web of net, utensils and hunger. Just then I have an invitation from an angelic corner of my house--

the bedroom…
 
When I unlock my eyelids to the 7.35 am rays of the sun the next day, office still haunts...........................

but yipppeeee I have murdered the “MONDAY”. Yeyyyy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment